Roasted sausage, parsnip and pear with maple syrup glaze
A no-mess, moreish roast. This roasted sausage, parsnip and pear dish with a maple syrup glaze and crispy fried sage is an easy win with guests. The hearty sausage roast recipe is reproduced courtesy of debbie&andrew's sausages.
The prime cuts of shoulder and belly pork in the Harrogate 97% sausages are juicy, with maple syrup bringing out the sweetness of the parsnips and pears. A sprinkle of chopped pecans adds crunch to this delicious roast feast.
- 6 debbie&andrews Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages
- 500g parsnips or potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 banana shallots or onions, peeled and cut lengthways, keeping the root end on to hold together when baking
- 1 large pear or apple, cored and cut into eighths lengthways
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Handful of chopped pecans or walnuts
- 10-15 sage leaves
- 30g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven top 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- In a large shallow casserole dish add a tablespoon of oil and cook the sausages for around 2 minutes until they are coloured.
- Add the parsnips and shallot, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, giving a shake once or twice.
whilst the sausages and parsnips are cooking in the oven:
- In a frying pan, heat the butter and once foaming add the pears, frying off for 5 minutes until the flesh is caramelised and golden brown. Remove and rest on a plate until needed.
- In a small saucepan, deep-fry the sage in oil. Remove with a slotted spoon and blot with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- After 25 minutes of baking, add the pears and pecans to the sausages and drizzle with the maple syrup. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
Place in the middle of the table and scatter with the crispy sage leaves.
Chunks of blue cheese can be added at the end for a more indulgent dish.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.
#maplesyrup #pecans #sausages #pears #parsnips #sage #roastedsausageparsnipandpearwithmaplesyrupglaze #bake #roast #baking #pear