- 2nd dough
- 1/2 teaspoon easy-bake dried yeast
- 125g strong white bread flour
- 115g plain flour
- 50g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30ml milk
- 150ml water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (optional)
- Add the ingredients for the first dough to the breadmaker pan in the order in which they are given.
- For Panasonic SD253 and most breadmakers, set to 'Basic Dough'.
- For the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker set to menu option 16, basic dough.
- When when the cycle has finished, switch off the machine and leave to rest at room temperature for about 18 hours.
- Add the ingredients for the second dough to first dough in the breadmaker pan in the order in which they are given.
- Set to 'French Dough' Panasonic SD-ZB2502: option 21 - 3 hours 35 mins.
- The dough should be quite sticky when finished.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured pastry mat or board and cut the dough into two.
- Shape each piece into oblongs of about 25cm each on baking trays or stones, which have been dusted with flour or semolina.
- Cover with a damp tea-towel and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Sprinkle each loaf with sea salt if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7) and keep it hot for one hour before baking.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Ciabatta bread recipes
We have a number of tested ciabatta bread recipes. Some that are made entirely by hand, others where the dough is made in a breadmaking machine and then baked in an oven and some where the rising and the baking is done in a breadmaker.
Rather like a French baguette the secret to this light bread with a moist bubbly crumb is the long rise time, often with no added sugar. Using just the natural sugars found in the flour to feed the yeast .
- Ciabatta bread recipe Hand made dough, oven baked
- Ciabatta with biga Hand made ciabatta bread based on a recipe by Richard Bertinet in his book Dough
- Ciabatta bread info page
- Ciabatta loaves (breadmaker dough, oven bake) The dough is made in a breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Parmesan ciabatta A parmesan flavoured ciabatta bread where the dough is made in the breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Ciabatta bread (breadmaker recipe) The entire process is completed in a breadmaker
- Biga The starter dough for used in making ciabatta bread or rolls.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.