Ciabatta loaves (breadmaker dough, oven bake)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
This recipe is basically the same recipe as parmesan ciabatta, but without the cheese!
- 1/2 a teaspoon of easy-bake dried yeast [2 g]
- 125g strong white bread flour
- 115g plain flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30ml milk [30g]
- 150ml water [150g]
An hour before you are ready to bake the loaves, preheat your oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour] and leave it at this temperature fr an hour before baking.
- Add the ingredients for the first dough to the breadmaker pan in the order in which they are given.
- For Panasonic SD253 and most breadmakers, set to 'Basic Dough'.
- For the Panasonic SD-ZB2502 automatic breadmaker set to menu option 16, basic dough.
- When when the cycle has finished, switch off the machine and leave to rest at room temperature for about 18 hours.
- I make this recipe alot and sometimes the breadmaker does not mix the starter dough properly. This is because of the small amount of dough in the starter. If this happens I just use a spoon to stir in any unmixed flour and re-run the dough procedure a second time. I've always had perfect results doing this.
Main dough (second rise)
- Add the ingredients for the second dough to first dough in the breadmaker pan in the order in which they are given.
- Set to 'French Dough' Panasonic SD-ZB2502: option 21 - 3 hours 35 mins.
- The dough should be quite sticky when finished.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured pastry mat or board and cut the dough into two.
- Shape each piece into oblongs of about 25cm each on baking trays or stones, which have been dusted with flour or semolina.
- Cover with a damp tea-towel and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size. My loaves puffed up to about twice the volume but the footprint stayed roughly the same size.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7) and keep it hot for one hour before baking.
- Shake the risen loaves onto a pre-heated oven tray or pizza stone andBake the bread for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Ciabatta bread recipes
We have a number of tested ciabatta bread recipes. Some that are made entirely by hand, others where the dough is made in a breadmaking machine and then baked in an oven and some where the rising and the baking is done in a breadmaker.
Rather like a French baguette the secret to this light bread with a moist bubbly crumb is the long rise time, often with no added sugar. Using just the natural sugars found in the flour to feed the yeast .
- Ciabatta bread recipe Hand made dough, oven baked
- Ciabatta with biga Hand made ciabatta bread based on a recipe by Richard Bertinet in his book Dough
- Ciabatta bread info page
- Ciabatta loaves (breadmaker dough, oven bake) The dough is made in a breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Parmesan ciabatta A parmesan flavoured ciabatta bread where the dough is made in the breadmaker and the loaves are oven baked
- Ciabatta bread (breadmaker recipe) The entire process is completed in a breadmaker
- Biga The starter dough for used in making ciabatta bread or rolls.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#dough #bread #flour #breadmaker #bake #baking #driedyeast #warmplace #bakingtray #plainflour #oliveoil