Moroccan lamb (30 minute recipe)
- 300g fillet of lamb tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of ras el hanout
- 2 small onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 150 g basmati rice, washed, rinsed and drained
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 125 ml water
- 1 tablespoon currants, sultanas or chopped dried apricots
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- Greek yogurt and lemon wedges to serve
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
cooking the lamb
- Rub the lamb fillet with 1 teaspoon of ras el hanout
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil to a shallow pan, brown the lamb on either side and then continue to cook until to your liking - remove and keep warm.
cooking the rice
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the onions and pepper for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and coat with the oil, then add the ras el hanout, stock, water and chickpeas.
- Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced courgettes and currants, mix well, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes so the courgettes are warmed and the rice is cooked.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.