Laham bil ajine (Lebanese pizza)
- ½ quantity of pizza dough, rolled into a circle and left to rise.
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 lb minced lamb (can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon Lebanese spice mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 chillies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaved parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- Mix the tinned tomatoes with the lamb and drain through a sieve and leave until you have a compact texture.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7)
- Heat the oil, add the onion and fry until soft.
- Crush the cloves of the roast garlic lightly, using a spoon.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- When the circle of pizza dough has doubled in height, spread the topping over it and bake for around 15-20 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#lamb #onion #tomatoes #pizzadough #sieve #cheese #fry #coriander #scotchbonnet #frozen #vegetables