(Redirected from Roast garlic)
That's a lot of garlic!
5/5 Wow - I might do 4 or 5 bulbs at a time - this is an incredible amount - when would you ever use so much roasted garlic Julia? The Judge
The amount of 'bodacious bulbs' used in the recipe may seem rather petrifying, but once it has roasted, it develops a sweet, yet aromatic flavour.
The quantity given below is for just 4 bulbs, however, the images on the right show 27 of them being roasted at the same time - see Chef's Notes, below.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4).
- Slice off the top of each garlic bulb ensure that the top of each clove is exposed.
- Remove any dry, surplus outer skin, but do not force it off.
- Place on a sheet of tin foil in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle oilive oil lightly over top of each bulb.
- Wrap the tin foil loosely around the bulbs and place on the lowest shelf in your oven,
- Allow to roast for about an hour, until the cloves are brown and soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Squeeze the cloves gently from the skin into a bowl and use as required.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#roastedgarlic #garlic #roasted #roast #tinfoil #fridge #bakingtray #soups #freeze #miseenplace #oliveoil