Ham and borlotti bean soup
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- A pinch of chili flakes or to taste
- 150 g cooked ham or gammon, chopped
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 400 g can plum tomatoes, chopped
- 400 g can of borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 150 g Savoy cabbage, washed and shredded
- small knob of butter
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions and peppers until softened, about 10 minutes
- Add the gammon and fry for a few minutes, just to coat well in the flavoured oil
- Add paprika & chilli flakes and stir well
- Add the stock, tomatoes and beans; bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until reduced by a quarter
- Add a third of the soup to a food processor and blend to a puree. Add this back to the soup pan.
- Add the cabbage and bring back to the boil. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked to your liking
- Add knob of butter and stir until dissolved
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.