Gammon and vegetable pasta in mustard sauce (TM)
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 50g olive oil
- Pinch sugar
- 500g milk
- 40g flour
- 5 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- 200g pasta shapes, preferably ones which take about 13 minutes to cook in a saucepan
- 1 large or 2 small red peppers, cut into strips
- 100g Cooked gammon, cut into slices.
- 50g garden peas
- Drop the onion on running blades at Speed 5.
- Add the garlic, olive oil and sugar.
- Sauté 15 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1.
- Add the milk, flour, mustard and bouillon powder.
- Cook 7 mins / Temp. 90° / Speed 4.
- Blitz 10 secs / Speed 8.
- Transfer to a receptacle that will fit the Varoma bowl and cover with the lid.
- Give the TM bowl a quick rinse and fill with 1000g water.
- Bring to boil 11 minutes / Temp. 100° / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile add the peppers to the internal steaming basket.
- Add enough gammon and peas to almost fill the basket.
- Add the pasta to the TM bowl.
- Place the Varoma bowl containing the sauce on top of the TM lid.
- Cook 15 minutes / Temp. 100° / Speed Spoon / Reverse Blade.
- Mix the pasta, gammon and vegetables with the sauce and serve.
- If the sauce is a little too thick, add some of the pasta water to thin it down.
Serve with salad.
- Sticky Marmalade Gammon - A classic way to serve roast gammon
- Marmalade glazed jerk gammon - Jamie Oliver's hot and spicy gammon recipe
- Gammon and pineapple - A match made in heaven
- Branston pickle coated roast gammon - Branston pickle is a great accompaniment for ham and gammon, here it's hot!
- Soupe génevoise - A gammon soup from Geneva
- Sous vide roast gammon - Gammon cooked the modernist way
- Spicy gammon steaks with pineapple - Gammon and pineapple, with a spicy touch
- Gammon and vegetable pasta in mustard sauce (TM) - Gammon pasta cooked in a Thermomix
- Our pork recipe section is here
- An interactive Glazed gammon cooking time calculator - You give a carve time, we give you a when and what list.
- Safe meat cooking temperature (pork) - How to ensure your pork is properly cooked
- Cuts of pork - Where it all comes from
- Processed meat leads to an early death - Go easy on the bacon!
- RSPCA - Think Pig Campaign - and be kind to the animals
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#gammon #pasta #sauce #flour #garlic #bouillon #mustard #onion #oliveoil #vegetables #peas