Falafel wraps with grilled veg and salsa - Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals
I've been watching Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals lately and I'm impressed with the ideas that have gone into these recipes.
I'm more interested in the variations of these menus that the fact that they can be made in 15 minutes - though I doubt a mere mortal could complete them in such a short time!
- 400g can of mixed pulses or mixed beans
- 400g can of chickpeas
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon of harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for the falafel mix)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (to fry the falafels)
- The stems from a bunch of coriander, chopped finely and a handful of leaves
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- Juice and grated zest from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of mint
- Ground pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack of corn tortillas
- 300 g tub of cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon Chilli sauce of your choice
- 4 tablespoon pickled red cabbage
- Drain the beans and chickpeas and dry them really well. A salad spinner is a good way to do this. They need to be really dry or the falafels will not stick together.
- Tip them into the food processor with all the falafel ingredients and blend to a fairly fine paste
- Using wetted hands, form the falafel mix into about 12 balls and press them flat so there is a good surface to fry and brown
- Fry then is a tablespoon of olive oil, turn them once they have browned , the less you handle them, the less chance these is of them falling apart. Don't worry if they fall apart - mine did! They are going in a tortilla wrap anyway.
- Add a spay of olive oil to your griddle pan and throw in all of the vegetables for grilling together with the herbs
- Gill for 10 minutes or more, turning now and then
- Add the juice of half a lemon just before you serve
- Add the tomatoes, chopped chilli, coriander stems and leaves, crushed garlic, lime juice and zest and seasoning to the food processor and blitz until it gets to your desired consistency - chill if you have the time
- Stir in a tablespoon of chilli sauce to add some colour and bite
- Microwave for 45 seconds just to moisten them and warm them a little
Spread everything out and tuck in!
- Idea from Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals TV series
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.