Estofado de venado al pimentón de La Vera (Stewed venison with paprika)
This recipe needs advance preparation!
Note: this recipe needs to be prepared 12 hours in advance
- 1 kg venison, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, finely chopped
- 20-25 g sweet pimentón de La Vera or other sweet, smoked paprika
- 125 ml red wine
- 100 ml Spanish brandy
- Olive oil
- Place the venison in a bowl with the wine and brandy and allow to marinade for 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the meat, reserving the wine and brandy.
- Put some oil in a saucepan and bring it up to a high heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic and allow them to fry until golden.
- Add a little more oil, and the venison and sear.
- Reduce the heat.
- Add the paprika, wine and brandy and cover.
- Allow to simmer, covered, until tender and you are left with a little bit of sauce.
- Should the sauce begin to dry up, add a little water or stock.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#venison #brandy #wine #paprika #garlic #sauce #spanish #onion #lamb #stock #smokedpaprika