Cream of rooster potato and watercress soup
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 500g Rooster potatoes, peeled, washed and sliced
- 50g picked watercress
- 100g butter
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 litres chicken bouillon
- 250ml unsweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add onions and watercress, cover with a lid and cook gently without colour for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken bouillon, bring to the boil, add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the condensed milk and puree in blender till velvety smooth.
- Serve with crispy bread croutons.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk