Chorizo and prawn curry
This is really an aide-mémoire to myself; I made this recently and it was excellent.
I already make curry sauce to an almost industrial scale and freeze the sauces in two-person quantities. A few simple additions have brought this simple curry top another level.
- 1 portion of curry sauce - defrosted
- 1 pack of chorizo slices or diced chorizo pieces
- ½ can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 king prawns, defrosted
- Add everything except for the peas and the king prawns to your slow cooker
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours
- Stir now and then if you are able
- Add the king prawns and peas for the last 10 minutes of cooking
Serve with naan breads and a vegetable - air fried butternut squash was good with this.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#kingprawns #defrosted #peas #airfriedbutternutsquash #chorizoandprawncurry #slowcooker #coconutmilk #chorizo #frozen #meatrecipes #frozenpeas