Bukowski's chilli con carne
Bukoswkis serve up classic British beef burgers with a twist, having sites in Brixton and Shoreditch. Its all bare brick and industrial lighting at Market Row in Brixton, and Boxpark in Shoreditch is a retail park made up of fitted out and customised shipping containers.
- 50 ml of rapeseed or vegetable oil
- 100 g Smoked streaky bacon optional (chopped up finely)
- 900 g Beef mince (not too lean)
- 400 g Canned whole tomatoes
- 20 g Tomatoes pure
- 50 g La Costeña Chipotle in adobo
- 5 g Fresh coriander
- 10 g Fine sea salt
- 5 g Ground black pepper
- 3 g Cayenne
- 5 g Coriander powder
- 5 g Cumin
- 10 g Smoked paprika
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan and add the meat,
- Fry/cook the meat so its all browned
- Peel the red onions and cut into ¼
- Put the onions and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor
- Add all roasted ingredients from section 2
- Blend until smooth
- Add the paste to the browned mince with all the ingredients from section 4
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 45 mins
- Skim off any excess fat
- Add the kidney beans and simmer for another 45 mins-1hour
- Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, fresh coriander, rice and tortilla chips.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Mextrade.co.uk has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
Mextrade was founded in 2010 by Mexican entrepreneur’s cuisine lovers, opened with a primary goal of bringing irresistible flavours from the best quality Mexican products to households, kitchens and dinner tables across the UK.