Bacon wrapped garlic, camembert, sous vide chicken
A very slight variation on Sous vide bacon wrapped chicken filled with garlic and cheese.
Made with camembert cheese this time.
Take care to choose equal sized chicken breasts if you are buying them pre-packaged.
- 4 large chicken breasts (125g each) - try to find whole breasts, much easier for stuffing
- 16 rashers of streaky bacon
- 5 fat cloves of garlic
- 1 very small white onion, chopped very finely
- 125g camembert cheese (half a 250g wheel) - I used Le Rustique Camembert
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A splash of lemon juice per sous vide bag
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Peel and crush the garlic
- Finely chop the small white onion
- Add to a small bowl with a pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper and mix well
- Cut a deep slice into the side of each breast to create a pocket
- Use half of Le Rustique Camembert wheel, cutting it into eight pieces
- Fill each chicken breast with equal amounts of the garlic mixture and two pieces of Camembert cheese
- I had a few spare cherry tomatoes so slices them and squeezed them in.
- Lay four strips of streaky bacon for each breast and carefully roll the breast up in the bacon.
- Add a splash of lemon juice (or lime juice) to each sous vide bag.
- Using a fish slice slide each chicken breast into the bag and seal - to save the lemon juice being sucked out, press the seal only button the moment the juice starts to run up the bag.
- Cook in a sous vide bath heated to 64° C (147° F) for 2 hours.
- Remove from the bag, reserving any juice for making gravy.
- Pan fry in butter for 3 or 4 minutes until golden brown.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.