Sous vide bacon wrapped chicken filled with garlic and cheese
Anne made Cheese stuffed pancetta chicken breasts for me last year and I tried a sous vide version , Sous vide prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with garlicky parsley butter which was a bit of a failure.
This is a bacon version and was a fabulous success.
Take care to choose 2 equal sized chicken breasts if you are buying them pre-packaged. Mine were obscured by the label, resulting in one huge piece and one rather small.
- 2 chicken breasts of equal size
- 8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon - fatty bacon is the trick to keeping the chicken moist.
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 slices of your favourite cheese. I used a smoked cheese which went rather well
- A pinch of mixed herbs
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Carefully cut a pocket into each chicken breast
- Mix the butter, crushed garlic, herbs, salt and pepper into a paste, divide it in two and fill the pockets with the mixture
- Add the cheese slices
- Roll the chicken up in the bacon
- Pop each chicken breast into its own sous vide bag and vacuum seal
- Cook in a sous vide bath heated to 64° C (147° F) for 2 hours
- Remove from the bag, reserving any juice
- Pan fry in a hot pan for 3 or 4 minutes until golden brown,
This much improved recipe is a version of my failed Sous vide prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with garlicky parsley butter
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.