Air fried roast potatoes
Air fried roast potatoes are the way to go, without question. No par-boiling, just chuck them in the air fryer with some optional flavourings and a good tablespoon of olive oil and air fry for 1 hour.
- 350g [12 oz] maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into equal sized pieces
- 1 generous tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 whole small peeled brown onion, optional
- A handful of fresh bay leaves
- Pop everything into the air frier and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour
After making these roast potatoes regularly for about 40 weeks, I've realised an extra trick to get them especially crispy. Always use large potatoes and cut them either in halves or into quarters. The tumbling action of the air-fryer tends to bump the corners and fluff them up. Small whole potatoes tend to become 'polished' and don't 'fluff-up' at all. They are still very crispy, but not as good as square-cut potatoes whole potatoes (pictured).
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.