Spiced-up scramble and toms
- 1 teaspoon of oil or butter to gloss the pan
- 1 fresh chilli, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 6 large tomatoes, halved or a punnet of cherry toms
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A large handful fresh coriander, parsley or chervil, chopped
- Get a smallish pan hot. Add your cumin seeds. Toast till fragrant. Pour into a little dish.
- Add a gloss of oil or butter to the pan. Spoon your chilli slices through the oil or butter, just to soften. Scoop out. Add the cumin seeds.
- Turn the heat under the pan to low. Whisk your eggs with a pinch of salt, a good hit of pepper, a pinch of turmeric and the zest of your lemon and a squeeze of juice.
- Add to the pan. Cook over low heat. As it starts to set on the bottom, gently fold that bit through the uncooked bit on the top, helping it slowly but evenly cook. The slower you cook your eggs, the creamier they will be.
- While they're cooking get another frying pan on the hob. Add a gloss of oil or butter. Place your tomatoes in the pan (cut side down if using large tomatoes). Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook till just tender. 6. Pile your tomatoes on your plates. Perch the warm tomatoes alongside. Finish with fresh herbs, the toasted cumin seeds and chilli slices.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.