Tomato ketchup (TM)
- 20g olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- Garlic, to taste
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- 35g muscovado sugar
- 70g white wine or cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 1 guindilla pepper (optional)
- Put the oil in the bowl 5 minutes / Temp Varoma / Speed Spoon.
- Add the onion, green pepper and garlic 15 minutes / Temp Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon / MC Off.
- Add the tomatoes 45 minutes / 100° / Speed 1.
- Add the remaining ingredients 60 minutes / 100° / Speed 1, until you have a thick purée.
- Allow to cool slightly and blitz 1 minute / Speed 5-10 progressively.
- To thicken it, if necessary, cook for a further 10-20 minutes / 90° / Speed 3 / MC Off.
- Pour into sterilised jars or a clean Lock&Lock container.
- Allow to cool and cover well.
- Lightly adapted from a PepeKitchen recipe at Directo al Paladar
I used 1 whole bulb of garlic.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.