Tilliliha (Dill meat)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1.4kg boneless veal or lamb, cut into 4cm pieces
- 875ml veal or lamb stock
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, finely chopped
- 10 black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 60g flour
- 140ml dry white wine, boiled and reduced to 70ml
- Extra dill weed, roughly chopped
- Melt some butter in a flameproof casserole
- Lightly sear the meat in batches
- Drain off the butter and return the meat to the casserole
- Add the 750ml of the stock, salt, the teaspoon of dill weed. peppercorns and bayleaf.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cover
- Simmer for 1½ hours until the meat is tender
- Mix the flour with the remaining 125ml stock and stir into the meat
- Add the wine and continue to cooker for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened
- Garnish with the extra dill
Serve with boiled potatoes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.