Sous vide Tex-Mex turkey breast
I've used Old India Taco Seasoning for all of the seasoning. Any similar spice mix would do, don't add any extra salt if you do use Old India taco seasoning as it's very salty already. This would be equally good with just salt and black pepper. The temperature of 67°C (152.6°F) been chosen for a moist joint and a cooking time of 10 hours seems to tenderise the meat really nicely and is also a convenient period of time for anyone out at work all day.
- Remove all the packaging from the turkey breast, including the net bag as the vacuum packing will hold the joint together while it cooks.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Old India Taco Seasoning to a plate and roll the breast around in it to coat evenly.
- Measure out a vacuum bag bigger than you probably need, it makes for much easier sealing I find.
- Seal one end, twice for good measure!
- Pop the turkey breast in the bag and vacuum seal.
- Cook in a sous vide bath for 10 hours at 67°C.
- If you wish you can finish the joint by browning in a hot pan with a little butter or olive oil, if you have a blowtorch you can use that while sealing in the pan. It saves setting fire to the worktop!
- Carve and serve immediately.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#turkey #sousvidetexmexturkeybreast #sousvide #vacuumseal #tenderise #blackpepper #tacoseasoning #roast #sousvidecooking #blowtorch #butter