Sconcigli with vegetables and pine nuts
- 100g sconcigli
- A little olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 1 medium yellow or green pepper
- Garlic to taste, finely diced
- 40 g pine nuts
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 100 g spring greens, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 100g of mixed cheese, eg Parmesan, Grana Padano, Fontina, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6)
- Boil the sconcigli for about 12-15 minutes in plenty of salted, boiling water.
- When cooked, drain and run onder a cold tap.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan and add the onion, celery stick and pepper.
- Cook over a medium heat until the vegetable begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and the pine nuts and fry for a further minute or two.
- Stir in the tomatoes, sweetcorn, spring greens and oregano.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste - under rather than over as the cheese will be salty.
- Stir in the pasta and mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.