Prawn potato bake
- 6 potatoes, sliced (leave the skins on if you prefer)
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 225 g (8 oz) peeled prawns or shrimp
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 25g (1 oz) butter
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) dry sherry
- 250 ml (1 cup) single cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Boil the sliced potatoes in lightly salted water for 4 minutes (once the water is boiling).
- Drain and pat dry.
- Heat the half of butter in a frying pan and add a grind of black pepper
- Sauté the onions in the butter over a medium heat for 4 minutes
- Add the crushed garlic and prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Reduce the heat a little, pour in the sherry and de-glaze the pan
- Mix the cream in and stir well and cook for another minute
- Strain the sauce to separate the prawns and onions
- Pour the prawns and onions in the base of an oven-proof dish
- Layer the potatoes on top , dotting with the remaining butter
- Season with salt and black pepper and pour the sauce over the top of the potatoes
- Bake for up to 35 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through. Check them after 25 minutes.
Use large frozen prawns that have been defrosted, chopped into four pieces.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.