Prawn and onion mashed potato
A great side dish
5/5 Almost a meal in itself The Judge
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Taste Sensation Well Matured Cheese Powder (3 tablespoons grated cheese is as good)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g coldwater prawns (shrimp) - chopped if you like
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour], see Chef's notes below.
- Boil the potatoes for about 14 minutes of until soft
- Add the chopped onions for the last 4 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and add all the remaining ingredients and mix really well.
- Spoon onto a roasting tray covered with greaseproof paper and lightly spray with olive oil
- Cook for 30 minutes at 200° C with your fish.
I'm serving mine with 'shop-bought' battered cod so I will bake mine with the fish. This can be served as is, without cooking the prawns but if you were using seafood that needs to be cooked, pan fry it before mixing in with the mash.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#prawnmash #fakelobstermash #fishmash #fishymashedpotatoes #seafoodmash #lobstermash #prawnpotatoes #prawnandonionmashedpotato #shrimp