This recipe needs advance preparation!
Lots of spices!!!
The spicy hot Indian dish that has it's origin in Portugal. It's a dish that will test your spice cabinet.
- 2lbs pork leg or pork tenderloin fillet, cut into ¾" thick medallions and flattened to 3cm under a large knife
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole cloves, ground
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder or ¾" of rolled cinnamon stick, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds
- 1" ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, or to taste
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons brandy (sherry will do)
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar (leftover red wine works)
- 1 whole dried chili, crushed, or to taste
- Make a paste with all of the spices, brandy and vinegar and rub well into the meat
- Marinade overnight in a refrigerator
- Gently frythe onions in a tablespoon of ghee until brown
- Fry the meat for a few minutes with the onion
- Lower the heat and cook gently for 35 to 40 minutes
- A selection of vindaloo recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#porkvindaloo #cinnamon #chillies #onions #onion #mustard #unusualrecipes #ginger #blackpeppercorns #paprika #refrigerator