Papas chorreadas a la colombiana (Potatoes in cheese and chilli sauce)
Cheddar is good too.
A rich dish from Colombia. , see comments
- 1 kg potatoes
- 40g butter
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 125ml white wine
- 150ml double cream
- 200g of Monterey Jack cheese, grated or cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the chillies and onions until the latter are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and wine cook for a further 5 minutes or so until the sauce has reduced.
- Stir in the cheese and the cream and cook until the cheese has melted slightly.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the potatoes and pour the sauce over them.
If liked, add finely diced or crushed garlic when frying the onions.
Next day, the leftovers were mashed and grilled in an oven proof dish so the top was browned and crunchy, delicious.
--JuliaBalbilla 09:51, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #sauce #cheese #chilli #tomatoes #onions #portsalut #tetillacheese #cream #papaschorreadasalacolombianapotatoesincheeseandchillisauce #fry