This a just a twist on a basic hummus recipe.
- 400g tinned or jarred chickpeas (drained weight)
- 40g black olives, stones removed
- Garlic, to taste
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Coriander or flat-leaved parsley leaves, to taste
- 1 small preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsps juice from the preserved lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients and blend with a stick blender or in a food processor until the desired smoothness has been achieved.
- If the mixture is too stiff, add a little extra olive oil or more juice from the preserved lemon
- Serve, sprinkled with paprika and a little olive oil.
This is probably best made using a stick blender as you need to keep tasting as you go.
- A basic hummus recipe using a blender
- A selection of simple ways to vary your hummus intake!
- Hummus with sundried tomatoes
- Hummus with preserved lemons
- Hummus made in a Thermomix
- Another Thermomix hummus recipe
- A melted cheese and hummus bake
- A blog post on the health benefits of hummus + 8 recipes from Jen Reviews (NZ)
- A quick hummus recipe from the Beeb
- Wikipedia hummus article
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#olivehummus #preservedlemon #oliveoil #hummus #blackolives #paprika #dip #garlic #bread #chickpeas #tahini