- 150g Portion hummus
- Add 2 tablespoons of chopped pitted black olives and sprinkle with paprika powder
- Add 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Add 2 finely chopped spring onions (scallions)
- Add handful of finely chopped basil
- Add 2 chopped green 2 jalapeños and a squeeze of lime juice
- Add 1 chopped Roasted red pepper
- Mix just one of the above ingredients into the hummus and stir well
Houmous variations - Many ways to jazz up a pot of hummus
Houmous is excellent on it's own, but if you want a change try one of the variations below.
- Black olive hummus; Add 2 tablespoons of chopped pitted black olives and sprinkle with paprika powder
- Curried hummus; Add 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Spring onion houmous; Add 2 finely chopped spring onions (scallions)
- Pesto hummus; Add handful of finely chopped basil
- Mexican hummus; Add 2 chopped green 2 jalapeños and a squeeze of lime juice
- Red pepper hummus; Add 1 chopped Roasted red pepper
- A basic hummus recipe using a blender
- A selection of simple ways to vary your hummus intake!
- Hummus with sundried tomatoes
- Hummus with preserved lemons
- Hummus made in a Thermomix
- Another Thermomix hummus recipe
- A melted cheese and hummus bake
- A blog post on the health benefits of hummus + 8 recipes from Jen Reviews (NZ)
- A quick hummus recipe from the Beeb
- Wikipedia hummus article
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.