Sundried tomato hummus
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup thick Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup chopped and drained sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Grated zest from ¼ lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Process the chickpeas, yogurt, tahini, and garlic in food processor until smooth.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and herbs; season to taste with salt, lemon juice and zest.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
As I did, you can blitz the sundried tomatoes with the chickpeas to get a more blended version.
- A basic hummus recipe using a blender
- A selection of simple ways to vary your hummus intake!
- Hummus with sundried tomatoes
- Hummus with preserved lemons
- Hummus made in a Thermomix
- Another Thermomix hummus recipe
- A melted cheese and hummus bake
- A blog post on the health benefits of hummus + 8 recipes from Jen Reviews (NZ)
- A quick hummus recipe from the Beeb
- Wikipedia hummus article
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.