Norwegian summer salad
A Norwegian summer salad with ham and mushrooms.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 4 eggs, boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 radicchio rosso or lollo rosso lettuce or both, torn
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 1 punnet of mushrooms, sliced
- 150g boiled ham, cut into strips
- 150g Jarlsberg or similar cheese, diced
- ½ bulb of fennel, chopped
- Watercress (optional), chopped
- 1 bunch of chives, snipped
- 100g chopped almonds
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 300ml cream
- 165g mayonnaise
- Make the dressing first.
- Mix the fennel, watercress optional), chives and almonds and sprinkle with pepper.
- Whip the cream and mix with the mayonnaise.
- Mix in the herbs and almonds.
- Layer the salad ingredients prettily on a serving plate
- Serve the dressing separately.
Serve with crusty french bread
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.