Norwegian summer salad
A Norwegian summer salad with ham and mushrooms.
- 4 eggs, boiled, peeled and quartered
- 1 radicchio rosso or lollo rosso lettuce or both, torn
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 1 punnet of mushrooms, sliced
- 150g boiled ham, cut into strips
- 150g Jarlsberg or similar cheese, diced
- ½ bulb of fennel, chopped
- Watercress (optional), chopped
- 1 bunch of chives, snipped
- 100g chopped almonds
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 300ml cream
- 165g mayonnaise
- Make the dressing first.
- Mix the fennel, watercress optional), chives and almonds and sprinkle with pepper.
- Whip the cream and mix with the mayonnaise.
- Mix in the herbs and almonds.
- Layer the salad ingredients prettily on a serving plate
- Serve the dressing separately.
Serve with crusty french bread
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#norwegiansummersalad #almonds #watercress #cream #mayonnaise #fennel #chives #cucumber #lettuce #fruit #salad