Norskørret (Norwegian trout)
- 450g trout fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 225g celery, chopped
- 50g spring onions, sliced
- 40g onions, peeled and chopped
- 75g mushrooms, sliced
- 300ml fish or vegetable stock
- 30ml sherry
- 30ml white wine
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- Fresh dill, chopped
- Parsley sprigs
- Lemon slices
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 150° C (300° F - gas 2), [fan oven 130° C]
- Season the trout and place in a baking dish
- Sprinkle the spring onion over fish
- Pour half of the fish stock and sherry over fish and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Place the carrots and celery in boiling water and blanch for a few minutes - remove and drain.
The dill Cream
- Whip the cream, white wine and melted butter until frothy, using a stick blender.
- Stir in chopped dill.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in olive oil.
- Add the remainder of fish stock and simmer to reduce the liquid.
- Remove fish from oven and add the juices from baking pan to sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Pour sauce onto warmed dinner plates.
- Arrange the vegetables and place the baked fish the top.
- Top with the dill cream and garnish with the lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
Serve with potatoes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.