Moroccan kebab sticks
Better than shop-bought
4.8/5 Not difficult to make either. I love being able to mess about with my favourite flavours. The Judge
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Belazu Rose Harissa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 750g minced lamb
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced mint or ½ teaspoons dried mint
- 400ml Greek-style yogurt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Whiz the onion, cumin, cinnamon, Rose Harissa, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the lamb and whiz until it forms a paste. Add the parsley, coriander and mint and mix it in thoroughly by hand.
- Form the paste into sausages and press metal skewers along their length, tamping the meat around the skewer. Alternatively, form the meat into small meatballs.
- Brush with a little oil and grill for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice.
(Jill Dupleix in The Times T2)
Cook this on a barbecue.
For 2 people, I used 1 small lamb fillet , 1 small onion and kept the remaining ingredients the same - apart from the lemon, which is still sitting in the kitchen :-(
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#moroccankebabsticks #foodprocessor #coriander #mint #parsley #paprika #onion #yoghurt #lamb #unusualrecipes #harissa