Mixed herbs and pine nut stuffing
A good stuffing recipe for chicken or turkey.
- 200g (7oz) white breadcrumbs
- 125g (4½oz) butter
- 2 Cloves of garlic (or to taste), peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped leaves only
- 1 sprig of thyme, chopped leaves only
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- The zest from 1 lemon
- 50g (2oz) pine nuts
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a frying pan and sauté onion and garlic for five minutes or until softened - don't allow the garlic to burn.
- Mix in the herbs for one minute then add breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Add the zest, pine nuts. Season and cook over medium heat for about seven minutes until crumbs start to brown and crisp.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.