Leek and mince casserole
- 225g beef, minced
- 450g lamb, minced
- 200 ml mojo verde
- Large dash worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 large leeks, trimmed, washed and cut into chunks
- 225g carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 600 ml hot beef stock
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- Marinate the meats in the mojo verde, Worcestershire Sauce, bay leaves and seasoning for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Using a large pan, fry the leeks, carrots and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the meats with the marinade and season to taste.
- Stir and fry until lightly brown.
- Stir in the flour and add the stock, little by little.
- Stir constantly to remove any lumps.
- Bring to the boil and transfer into a casserole dish.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6).
- Arrange the potato slices over the top so that they overlap slightly.
- Dot with butter, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 45 minutes.
If you do not wish to make your own mojo verde, it is available in bottles from Delicioso.co.uk, but make sure you buy the picante version. If you can only get the mild version, add some green chillies to taste. We made this with 150 ml mojo verde but felt that 300 ml would have been better.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.