Gule ærter (Danish yellow pea soup)
This is the national soup of Denmark
- 450g dried yellow peas, soaked overnight
- 900g salt pork
- Ham stock to cover the pork
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 leeks, depending on size, peeled and chopped
- Bouquet garni
- Boil the peas in 1.7 litres unsalted water until tender
- Simmer the pork in the ham stock, in a separate pan, with the other vegetables and the bouquet garni.
- When the pork is tender, remove from the pot and keep hot.
- Strain the peas and add to the ham stock, from which all the fat has been removed.
- Serve the pork with the soup.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.