Green smoothie (TM)
This healthy recipe is delicious although it may sound strange.
- 1 large apple, quartered, stem discarded
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 35g fresh watercress (see variations below)
- 1 fresh lime - juice of the whole lime plus ¼ of the squeezed lime including skin and pith
- 150g kefir or natural live organic yogurt (kefir has more probiotics)
- 30g hemp seeds or linseeds or chia seeds or 1 raw organic free-range egg or 30 to 50 g nuts of choice
- 25g agave syrup or Sweet Freedom or 15 g honey or 15 g palm sugar (optional)
- ½ sheet dried nori or 1 tablespoon dried seaweed pieces - an excellent source of minerals (optional)
- 150g ice cubes
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt - an excellent source of minerals
- 500g water, divided 300 g and 200 g
- Add or weigh in all ingredients except the last 200 g water.
- Blend 2½ minutes/Speed 10.
- Add remaining 200 g water and mix 10 seconds/Speed 4. Add more water if you prefer.
- My Thermomix newsletter for January 2012
Substitute any of the following for the watercress:
- flat-leaf parsley
- swiss chard
- green outer cabbage leaves
- wild greens, e.g. dandelion leaves or fresh nettle tops
- a mixture of any of the above
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.