- 1 mug brown rice see Chef's notes
- 2 mugs water
- A pinch of sea salt
- A little olive or coconut oil
- 2-3 red or yellow chillies
- 1 thumb ginger, freshly grated
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
- A bundle of seasonal stir-fryable veg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Something green to garnish (spring onion, coriander, chervil, parsley )
- Heat a lidded pan. Add your rice. Lower heat. Add the water, salt and a drop of oil. Swirl through.
- Pop the lid on. Simmer for 20 mins or till the waters absorbed. Take off the heat. Leave the lid on. Let it steam for 5 mins.
- Heat a large frying pan. Add your chillies without oil. Toast till they are soft and a bit charred all over. Remove from the pan. Finely chop. Mix with the garlic, ginger, agave/honey and vinegar.
- Add your veg to the pan the chillies were in. Sizzle till just soft and a bit charred. Add some oil at the end, if you like. Grate in some lime zest and a squeeze of lime.
- Swirl the chilli sauce through your rice bit by bit. Taste as you go, getting the heat right for you. Season with soy sauce, to taste. Sprinkle over your greens.
- Serve alongside your griddled, glossy veg.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.