Dragon Welsh cheddar cheese and tomato scones
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 50g Dragon salted butter
- 1 egg beaten & 100ml milk mixed together
- 100g Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained weight)
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220° C (425° F - gas 7), [fan oven 200° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Sieve the flour with baking powder into a large mixing bowl, rub in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Sprinkle in herbs and black pepper, stir through sun dried tomatoes and cheddar
- Gradually add egg & milk mixture until you have a dough, if this seem too wet do not add all liquid
- Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth
- Flatten out to approx. 3cm deep and using a round cutter stamp out scones
- Bake on a tray lightly dusted with flour for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through
Serve warm and spread with Dragon Cheddar cheese and leek pate or just with butter.
Use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese if you are watching your calories!
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.