Dragon Cheddar cheese and leek pate
4.9/5 That is a new one on me! The Judge
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 large leek, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons half-fat crème fraiche or single cream
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 140g Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese or block chopped in a food processor
- Melt the butter in a frying pan until bubbling, add leek and sauté until leeks are tender and cooked through
- Add the crème fraiche, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and some black pepper. Stir well and cook uncovered to reduce liquid slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor, add the cheese and puree in short bursts until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow serving dish and chill for at least 2 hours.
Use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese if you are watching your calories!
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#dragoncheddarcheeseandleekpate #leek #worcestershiresauce #cheese #foodprocessor #southcaernarfoncreameries #leeks #pate #puree #butter #blackpepper