Cream of smoked salmon soup (TM)
The recipe calls for prawns that are suitable for cooking with rice. Have never heard of these before, but if you go onto your browser and type in gambas arroceras, you should come up with pictures of them. However, I am sure that normal prawns will work fine.
For the broth
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 250g prawns
- 500g water
For the sofrito
- 30g butter
- 40g extra virgin olive oil
- 100g carrots
- 150g leeks, white parts only
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 large clove garlic
For the rest
- 300g single cream
- 100g smoked salmon, chopped using scissors
- The bodies of the reserved prawns
- Pepper, to taste
- Peel the prawns, reserve the bodies and put the water in the bowl with the heads and shells of the prawns 5 minutes / 100° / Speed 3½
- Strain through a fine sieve and reserve the liquid
- Thoroughly wash the bowl and lid
- Put in all of the sofrito ingredients 8 seconds / Speed 5, then 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 3½
- Add the reserved broth 1 minute / Speed 7
- Incorporate the cream, salt and pepper 20 minutes / 100° / Speed 2
- A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the prawns and the chopped salmon and mix 20 seconds / Speed 3 [then carry on cooking]
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocinaItalic text which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.