- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 350 ml hot vegetable stock (or use chicken stock if your prefer)
- 180 g couscous
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons each of finely chopped fresh parsley and mint
- 2 green cayenne chillies, finely chopped (remove seeds if you wish)
- 50 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crisp lettuce leaves, eg Cos, Romaine, Webb's Wonder or Iceburg
- Pine nuts, to garnish
- A few pine nuts, toasted
- A little lemon rind, grated
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the spring onions and garlic.
- Fry until soft and golden.
- Remove from heat, add the stock and couscous.
- Cover and mix in the tomatoes, parsley, mint, chillies, orange juice and seasoning.
- Leave to marinate until cool or overnight.
- Make a bed of lettuce on a plate or in a bowl and put the mixture on the leaves.
- Sprinkle some pine nuts over the top.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.