Chicken fillets with a rich mushroom sauce
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
for the cheesey chicken pieces
- 2 Chicken fillets
- 1 free range egg
- 40 g of Džiugas cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (for frying)
- 50 g of butter
for the creamy mushroom sauce
- 30 g finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 60 g of mushrooms, finely chopped
- 100 g Crème fraîche
- 50 ml water
- Ensure the chicken pieces are about the same size
- Cover them with cling film and bash them with a rolling pin to flatten so they cook quickly
- Beat the egg and mix in a tablespoon of the double cream, the Džiugas cheese and season with salt and black pepper
- Add the oil and butter to a large frying pan and heat to a medium heat
- Pop the chicken pieces into a Lock & Lock box together with a tablespoon of plain flour, close the lid and shake to coat evenly
- Dip the floured chicken pieces in the egg and cream mix Flour the pieces, then dip them into egg and cheese mixture
- Fry the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Check the chicken is properly cooked with a meat thermometer; 74 °C (165 °F)
- Drain on kitchen paper
- Fry onions and mushrooms, add garlic, crème fraîche and water.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for a couple of minutes
- Season to taste & serve
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.