Chicken curry (2)
Well, what can I say? Just a different version of chicken curry!
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 2 heaped tablespoons ghee
- 800 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 bulbs garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1½ teaspoons Curry spice mix (1)
- 4 teaspoons Curry spice mix (2)
- 450 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 litre or more of hot chicken stock
- 500 g vegetables of your choice
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Melt the ghee in a sautée pan over a high heat.
- Add the chicken chunks and fry until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Add more ghee if necessary and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Add Curry spice mix (1) and allow to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add Curry spice mix (2) and stew slowly for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes and stir until coated with the spice mixes.
- Stir in the tomato purée, then the hot stock and the chicken.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and add the vegetables.
- If using frozen vegetables, simmer for 15 minutes before adding them.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or so and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.