Curry spice mix
These are my favourite two spice mixes for curry. They are both used, but mix number 1 is added a minute before mix number 2. I make it in batches and keep in separate jars.
- 6 teaspoons turmeric
- 6 teaspoons coriander
- 6 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 12 teaspoons chilli powder
- 12 teaspoons garlic powder
- The first 3 ingredients make up the first spice mix.
- The remaining ingredients make up the second.
- Mix each separately and store in a darkish place until use.
Can be used in any type of curry.
This will make a medium curry - you can adjust the amount of chilli to your taste.
Mix number 1 should be fried and the other mix should be added with the main ingredient of the curry. This recipe should make enough for 12 curries for 4 people. Use about a teaspoon and a half of spice mix 1 to four teaspoons of the second mix. --JuliaBalbilla 12:16, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.