Cheese, peas and garlic stuffed peppers
This tasty tapa is a variation on Pea and garlic stuffed peppers. This recipe is also quick and easy to prepare and very easy to adapt so it suits your personal taste.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 4 large sweet peppers, any colour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 150g (5oz) frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Cheese, garlic and chili mayonnaise or almogrote
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 wholemeal bread roll, blitzed to breadcrumbs in a blender
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5)
- Slice off the tops, leaving the stem intact; reserve.
- With deft knife-work, remove the white membranes and knock out the seeds.
- Heat the olive oil and flavour it with a grind of black pepper.
- Sauté the onions for 4 minutes, add the peas and sauté for a further 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cheese mayonnaise and mix really well.
- Add a twist of black pepper and a sprinkle of salt to each of the sweet peppers
- Distribute the pea mixture between the peppers.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and the sherry.
- Replace the tops, place in an oven dish, cover with tin-foil and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.