Cauliflower soup with Green Tapenade
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 25 g butter
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1.4 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g gruyère cheese
- Small bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 150ml cream or milk
- 50g Belazu green tapenade
- Cut the cauliflowers into florets and chop the remaining stalk into 0.5cm dice. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and thyme sprigs and cook over a low heat until softened but not coloured.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the florets are tender.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil, add the chopped cauliflower stalk and cook for a minute or two until tender. Drain and refresh with cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- Coarsely grate the gruyère and chop the parsley.
- Pick out the thyme and blend the soup in batches until very smooth.
- Season well and pour back into the pan. Reheat with the cream or mile, adding the blanched cauliflower stalk and parsley at the end and check the seasoning.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, stir a spoonful of tapenade into each and scatter with a little grated gruyère.
(Annie Nichols in The Sunday Telegraph-Stella)) This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cauliflower #thyme #garlic #onion #parsley #boil #soup #cream #butter #tapenade #cauliflowersoupwithgreentapenade