Bacon, chorizo and vegetable stew
This is not traditionally Spanish but Michael's recipe and he likes messing about with Spanish ingredients.
- Olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, cut like small chips
- 3 medium carrots, cut like small chips
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled garlic, cubed
- 4 sticks celery, sliced
- 10 rashers middle bacon, chopped rustically
- 2 cooking chorizos, chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 100 g garden peas
- Heat some olive oil and add the vegetables.
- Fry for a few minutes under a gentle heat.
- Add the bacon and chorizo and fry until they are sizzling.
- Add the paprika, chilli flakes and peas with the tinned tomatoes and stew until the potatoes and carrots are cooked. The carrots and celery should still be slightly crunchy.
--JuliaBalbilla 12:55, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#baconchorizoandvegetablestew #carrots #celery #oliveoil #chilliflakes #potatoes #fry #tomatoes #chips #bacon #chorizo