- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 oven-ready quails
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 3 medium onions, peeled and diced
- Garlic, to taste, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 150 ml dry cider or white wine
- 1 litre hot vegetable or chicken stock, or enough to cover
- Parsley to garnich, coarsely chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Wrap a rasher of bacon around each quail and add to the pan with the onion.
- Cook until all sides of the quails are beginning to brown, the stir in the garlic and oregano.
- Cook for a few minutes until the garlic is golden.
- Add the cider or wine, the stock and seasoning.
- Cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes until the quails are cooked.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.