Duck legs (SV)
- 4 Barbary duck legs
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons ground mustard
- Preheat the water bath to 82°C (179.6°F)
- Mix together the pepper, garlic powder and mustard.
- Rub all over the duck legs.
- Place the legs into separate pouches.
- Vacuum pack, seal and cook in the water bath for 8-10 hours.
- If they are not to be served immediately, plunge the pouches in iced water, leave to cool and refrigerate, then follow the instructions below re searing.
- If serving immediately, remove the duck from the pouches and sear each side in a very hot frying pan until both sides are crisp (about 1-2 minutes each side).
Any type of duck legs will be fine. I just happened to have Barbary ones.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.