Garlic and thyme pork tenderloin (SV)
A simple recipe using one of the best pork cuts, cooked sous vide.
- 1 piece of pork tenderloin (fillet) weighing about 650g
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1.5 tsps. dried or 1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt (see Chef's notes below)
- Preheat the water bath to 56.5°C (149°F) for medium rare or 60°C (140°F) for medium
- Pat dry the pork.
- Smear with the garlic powder. thyme and pepper. Sprinkle with salt if desired at this stage (see Chef's notes below).
- Place in a suitable vacuum packing bag and seal.
- Put into the bath and cook for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 8 hours.
- Remove from the bag and drain.
- In the meantime, preheat oil in a frying pan as hot as you can.
- Season with salt if you have not previously done so.
- Sear the meat for a minute each side until browned.
- Pat dry, rest for a few minutes, the cut into slices.
Season with salt by all means, BUT if a) you are not starting the cooking process straight away or b) cooking for a long period or c) using the cook-chill method, it would be better to salt just before searing. Contact between meat and salt for a longer length of time may cause the meat to be dry.
- Sous vide cooking
- Category:Sous vide recipes
- Sous vide cooking times
- How to cook sous vide meat to different levels of doneness
- Safe minimum cooking temperatures
- SousVide Supreme sous vide cooker
- Anova Standalone sous-vide water heater and circulator
- Home made sous-vide slow cooker conversion kit
- Vacuum sealer (generic)
- Andrew James Professional Quality Vacuum Food Sealer Machine
- Vacuum sealed containers
- Andrew James 8.5 Litre Professional Sous Vide Water Bath Cooker
- Burton Sous Vide Water Bath
- Can the Crockpot Slow cooker and Multi cooker be used as a sous vide bath?
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#thyme #garlicpowder #pork #vegetables #freshthyme #porktenderloin #oregano #sear #mash #marjoram #snack