Yo-yos biscuit recipe
- 4oz. Butter - at room temperature
- 1.5 oz Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 2oz Custard Powder (Bird's Dessert Mix - US/Canada)
Vienna or Butter Icing
- 1.5oz Butter - at room temperature
- 1.5oz Icing Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Essence or 1 tablespoon of fruit juice
- 350° (moderate oven).
- Requirements: Two basins, sieve, wooden spoon, fork, moderate oven, oven tray, spatula, cake cooler.
- Collect requirements and ingredients.
- Grease oven tray and prepare oven.
- Sift flour and custard powder.
- Cream butter & sift icing sugar.
- Add dry ingredients gradually, mixing to a stiff dough with hand.
- Roll into small balls and place on oven tray. Press with back of fork.
- Cook in a moderate oven 15-20 minutes until pale fawn in colour.
- Lift on to cake cooler.
- When cold join together with Butter Icing and store in an airtight tin.
- Vienna or Butter Icing:
- Sift icing sugar.
- Cream butter, add icing sugar gradually.
- Add essence and mix thoroughly.
- Approach To Cookery, An Elementary Cookery Book For Post Primary Schools by a sub-Committee of The Home Economics Teachers' Group, Melbourne Australia, MacMillan 1965.
- Recipe added by Leigh Lingard, by proxy.
I have recently seen a recipe for Yo-Yos on the internet where Nutella® was used for the filling.
This recipe is copied from my younger sisters' year 8 Home Economics book from 1965. I remembered my Mother making them for us in the early 1950's, I saw the recipe in her cook book & somehow acquired the book.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.